Cranberry Orange Cupcake Mix
Cranberry and citrus flavors blend beautifully to make a uniquely flavored cupcake.
1 packet Just In Time Gourmet® Cranberry Orange Cupcake Mix with cranberries and frosting packet
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup buttermilk, no substitutes
1/2 block of 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter or margarine, softened
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine cupcake mix with 1⁄2 cup butter, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time, beat on low speed until combined, scraping the side of the bowl several times.
• While mixing, slowly pour in buttermilk and beat for 1 minute. Then increase speed to high and beat an additional minute.
• Divide batter evenly among prepared cups, filling each cup to the top with batter. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack before removing. Cool completely before frosting.
• With an electric mixer, blend frosting mix with cream cheese and 1⁄2 stick butter until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
Yields 12 cupcakes