Gingerbread Cupcake Mix
Moist and spicy cupcake bursting with molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Top with included frosting mix for an extra special treat!
1 packet Just In Time Gourmet® Gingerbread Cupcake with Frosting Mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 block of 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter or margarine, softened
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
• In a large mixing bowl, cream 1⁄2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in water and molasses. Add cupcake mix and blend on slow speed until well blended. Scraping the side of the bowl several times.
• Fill each prepared muffin cup two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing. Cool completely before frosting.
• With an electric mixer, blend frosting mix with cream cheese and 1⁄2 stick butter until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
Yields 12 cupcakes